Wednesday 9 January 2019

NEW YEARS IN ANDALUCIA



Hello all! I took a little break over the festive period to restore and refresh a bit, and am really ready to make the most of 2019. During the 'dead days' between  Christmas and New Years I was lucky enough to join my parents in Mijas, a beautiful town in Andalusia, in the south of Spain and thought I would share a few photos. Gotta keep up that #travelblogger aesthetic after all! 



My parents, brother and I went to Spain for three nights, in order to beta test a property that my parents have spent the last year or so renovating, with a view to renting it out in the summer months. In all honestly it wasn't the most eventful trip, as December is a fairly quiet time in the coastal areas of Spain. A lot of our time was spent inside the property - playing games (I was a boggle champ) and resting after a hectic festive season. We did visit the coast and spent a few hours on a deserted beach, trying not to stick out like a sore thumb in our light jumpers while the locals were rugged up in big coats and scarves. 


An unexpected treat from the holiday were the sweet fluffy friends that I made during my stay. It turns out my parents had befriended swiss painter Michele Lehmann on a previous trip, and when we arrived we were invited for tea and biscuits in her studio not too far from where we were staying. I felt it would have been rude to go around gawking and taking pictures of everything in her studio, but I did make friends with her little companion. I never asked how to spell his name, but he was a wonderfully bolshie little doggo, who insisted on being picked up and cuddled, and would sulk if he didn't get his own chair to sit at the table with us.

We also visited a commercial art shop in the main town, and I met this handsome boy while he was people watching out of the window. The people who run the art shop live in the flat above it, and their floof is allowed to roam all around during the day while it's open to the public. He's a little shy so I didn't get a head scritch or snuggle, but I did snag a photo while i was leaving. 


Ultimately it was a very relaxing trip, spending the days going on short walks and reading on the veranda in the mild breezy weather, and eating tapas or shellfish soup and curling up for early nights in the evenings. It wasn't any sort of whirlwind adventure, but it let me see out a very stressful year on a positive and restful note, and prep myself for 2019.

How did you spend your new years?

Find me on

Post a Comment

© Folded Paper Foxes | UK Bookish Lifestyle Blog. Design by FCD.