Monday 14 January 2019

CRUELTY FREE BEAUTY FAVOURITES #5


For any newcomers to the blog (hi by the way!) I started switching up my makeup collection to all cruelty-free products back in 2017, and I can honestly say I don't regret a thing. I have moments where I wish I could buy a new MAC lipstick, or one of Nars' iconic blushes, but there are so many great cruelty-free bands and products that it's never really a problem.

Today I'm sharing some recent discoveries that I love, and hope to inspire anybody looking to add more cruelty-free goodness to their collection. 



 I've been wanting to try an ABH palette for absolutely ages, and I can confidently say it's been worth the wait. Full of deep, rich, velvet and jewel tones, Soft Glam looks like a deconstructed pre-raphelite painting. Where I dislike the Urban Decay palettes for often muddying together and lacking creativity, Soft Glam hits the eye like a candy store and creates endless possibilities. The shadows are very soft and need the lightest touch, but they apply like a dream and last like concrete. The Norvina palette is definitely next on my list. 

I've reviewed the Revolution Pro Drops Foundation before, and have been repurchasing it ever since. I've been pairing it with the Collection concealer for a long time but decided to invest in something different and oh my good god I'm glad I did. This combination is truly my holy grail, the concealer is thick and pigmented without being greasy, and blends over the imperfections in my skin without being affected by any texture. I already loved the foundation but over the top of this concealer it becomes even better, blending out seamlessly and giving me a truly flawless finish, semi-matte and lasting all day with no problem. 
I've never been a fan of cream eyeshadows. I've always found them too greasy or sticky to really work, but I discovered these cream pigments in TK MAXX for a decent discount (and, miraculously, unused) and decided to give them a go. Illamasqua is a brand with ethics that I really admire and a reputation for exciting products, and these two beauties don't disappoint. They are used primarily on the eyes but I've used both on the cheeks as well. The lilac colour makes my eyes look incredibly green, whereas the peach picks out the blue. I love to use them under the Soft Glam palette to add extra dimension to the tones and create an extra stickiness that ensures the shadows stay put. 



Like everyone else I'm slowly getting older and, at the ripe old age of 26, I've decided that I need to start really taking care of my skin. I seem to have gotten away with it so far, but I'd like to age fairly gracefully and will now need to start putting some effort in. The Pixi Glow Tonic is a refreshing chemical exfoliant, with 5% glycolic acid which works on the to speed up dead skin removal and brighten and tone the baby skin lying underneath. I've been using it three times a week during my night time routine and have started to see a difference after a few weeks. My skin just looks happier, feels fresher and takes makeup more smoothly. 

BOTANICS HOT CLOTH CLEANSING BALM
Another thing I'm doing to help my skin stay happy is a double cleanse every night. Recommended by many beauty experts including Caroline Hirons (my skincare queen), the idea is to go in first with a thick greasy cleanser to remove any makeup, plus dirt, oil, and pollution built up on the skin, rinse, then apply a lighter formula to cleanse and condition the skin itself, and remove the thicker cleanser more thoroughly. This hot cloth cleansing balm makes a perfect first cleanse for me. It smells gorgeous and the thick consistency melts away even very heavy makeup. The muslin cloth gives my skin a gentle scrub as well, leaving it ready for my second cleanser. I haven't found one I love enough to share on here yet, but when I do you'll be the first to know. 

Let me know if you've tried any of these products, or if you have any recommendations for me. Always looking to add to my collection.

Find me on




5 comments

  1. Oh I am loving all of these! I definitely think it is SO important to switch to cruelty-free brands ♥ I own a vegan and cruelty-free little indie makeup company and I love being able to say that all of my products are cruelty free! I was also just told about a brand called Kleem Organics and it is supposed to be really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know! I will definitely check out your site <3

      Delete
  2. I bloody love the Soft Glam Palette, it's deffo one of my favourites xx

    Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

    ReplyDelete

© Folded Paper Foxes | UK Bookish Lifestyle Blog. Design by FCD.