Monday 4 March 2019

TBR | MARCH READING LIST



Remember three posts ago when I said I didn't really do TBRs? Well a girl can change her mind.

This is a fairly loose TBR because there are some new releases in March that I am desperate to get to (Gingerbread by Helen Oyeyemi being the main one!) but given that one of these books is a short story collection that I need to finish up, and I'm so excited for Priory I can't bear to let it out of my sight,  don't think I'll have an issue finishing up this modest stack. 


The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon - The bookish community's current darling, Priory has been all over my social media for the last few months and finally it is published and available to us mere mortals! Queens, dragons, and shameless feminism. I'm sold!

Men Without Women by Haruki Murakami - A short story collection that I'm about a third of the way through. I'll be honest this has been a let down so far, very little of what I love about Murakami and a whole lot of what I'm not a fan of. But I'm hanging on for one story that will make this worth it...

Melmoth by Sarah Perry - The follow up to Perry's debut The Essex Serpent is a creepy, gothic update on the 1812 novel Melmoth the Wanderer. I love Perry's writing and I'm always here for a reincarnation of work from the Romantic Period.

Under the Udala Trees by Chinelo Okparanta
- One of my favourite themes in novels is coming-of-age stories centred on young women. This novel takes place during the Nigerian civil war and follows two girls from different ethnic identities who begin a relationship in a time when it is utterly unacceptable.


That's all for March, I'm finishing up The Familiars in the next few days I then I will be diving into this pile! Let me know what you're picking up this month.

Thanks for reading!

Find me on




7 comments

  1. this seems like a really nice variety for March tbh :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes I'm hoping to read pretty widely all year :) x

      Delete
  2. Cool looking TBR here, excited to see your thoughts on Sarah Perry’s latest book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read Priory and Melmoth! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see what you think of Priory!!

    ReplyDelete

© Folded Paper Foxes | UK Bookish Lifestyle Blog. Design by FCD.