Friday 27 July 2018

CRUELTY FREE BEAUTY FAVOURITES #4



Summertime usually sees me running out for new beauty products, because there's something about the opportunity to flash a bit of bare ankle that just screams 'give your money to superdrug!' So of course I have a new stash of cruelty free products that I've been using over the past few weeks and wanted to share some of my favourite finds. 
ISLE OF PARADISE HAPPY TAN I've seen this brand everywhere recently, but people have mostly been raving over their very Instagram-worthy but quite ominous looking tanning drops and spray. I am extremely pale, and extremely bad at tanning myself, but I really needed a solution to the fact that my arms were now a distinctly different colour to my legs because I've been wearing short-sleeved jumpsuits all summer. This lightweight lotion is easy to use and I saw results in one application. It took about four days of using it after every shower to get a noticeable, even glow that made my legs look like they actually belong to me again.





REVOLUTIONPRO HIGHLIGHT PALETTE IN ICE Because I'm over a thousand years old, and constantly behind the times, I have finally been really getting into highlighter. This palette cost £6.00 for three massive pans of obnoxiously frosty goodness, and I've been loving dabbing it on the highlights of my cheeks. The gold and pink are getting a lot of use, and though I'm still holding out for an occasion warranting bright purple cheeks, I've been using the lilac powder as an eye shadow and really enjoying the effect.

NYX BORN TO GLOW LIQUID ILLUMINATOR IN SUNBEAM When I don't want to blind people every time I turn my head, I like to dab a little of this cream highlight on the high points of my face, either just over a bare, moisturised face or sheering a little foundation over the top. It has a warm rose gold tint, and adds a lovely natural glow to the face, adding shimmer without the frosty effect. 



REVOLUTIONPRO FOUNDATION DROPS + BLEACH LONDON BEAUTY SPONGE This has been my go-to foundation routine for the past few weeks. The 'drop' feature of this foundation is a bit of a gimmick, as it's pretty much the same consistency as the average liquid foundation but it does give you a little more control over how much product you get. I apply it using the (dirty soz) BLEACH London beauty sponge, or my hands if I'm wanting a really quick, light coverage. It gives a beautiful finish and even stands up pretty well in this heat. It also reapplies pretty well which is a must if, like me, you find yourself walking dogs at the height of midday and need to literally towel your forehead off afterwards... nice I know.

BARRY M GELLY HI SHINE NAIL PAINT This isn't exactly a revelation to anyone but having gone without wearing nail polish for months (I worked as an academic note taker during term time so any polish I wore was ruined after a day of typing for four hours straight) I have been rediscovering the joy of painted nails, and digging out the bottles that I've been neglecting. I'm not really one for bright colours or glitter, but these soft, muted shades are perfect, especially with a tan, or naturally darker skin. They are Coconut Ice, Blueberry and Green Berry and are great quality and an absolute steal. 




 Let me know if I'm missing out on any great cruelty free brands or products. I'm really enjoying playing with makeup at the moment so would love recommendations.



Find me on: Bloglovin' . Instagram . Twitter 







2 comments

  1. Ahh such lovely things, I loved reading your thoughts on these! I adore the Barry M shades and really want to try the Isle of Paradise lotion as I am pale too, does it smell good too? :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (I would love to follow each other on bloglovin if you like :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gurl I already follow you, I love your blog! The IoP lotion smells pretty good, not strong and certainly not like the standard biscuit fake tan!

      Delete

© Folded Paper Foxes | UK Bookish Lifestyle Blog. Design by FCD.