Wednesday 14 November 2018

A CRUELTY FREE BEAUTY WISHLIST



ABH have long been the keeper of my brows, but I've never branched out into their eye palettes. Modern Renaissance was a little too red-toned for me, and Subculture didn't get the best reviews, Norvina, however, is exactly my style. A gorgeous fairy-tale garden of gold, lilac and soft pink, with a perfect mixture of matt and shimmering shades, the Norvina palette is for those who like to look like they've just stepped out of A Midsummer Nights Dream... i.e me.

02. Jeffree Star Holiday Collection - Velour Liquid Lipsticks

The man behind the brand can be a divisive figure, but nobody can argue with the quality of Jeffree Star Cosmetics. Star's 2018 Holiday Collection is just another jewel in his crown and, while I'm not sure a giant alien head palette is my thing, the liquid lipsticks are utterly stunning. Standouts include Clout, a metallic cyberpunk lavender, and Triggered, a rich plum flecked with glitter.



I have never tried Drunk Elephant, partly because it's only recently available in the UK, but mainly because it is EXPENSIVE. I don't know if each product comes with lifetime back massages? Regardless, this is a brand with unflinching commitment to their principles of skincare with no added nonsense, and this moisturiser is packed with active peptides that work wonders for the skin at a cellular level.

04. The Ordinary - Granactive Retinoids in Squaline

At the other end of the spectrum is The Ordinary, famously dedicated to providing fuss free skincare at a reasonable price. I am now firmly in my mid-twenties, and although I'm doing pretty well on the ageing front, I want to introduce preventative measures into my beauty routine. Granactive retinoids are a perfect place to start, working at a deeper level than ordinary retinol and repairing any damage that has yet to show up on the skin's surface. Suspended in the gorgeous plant-based oil that is squaline, The Ordinary has created a perfect product to keep skin in good condition, against the ever looming threat of wrinkles.

05. The Body Shop - Chamomile Cleansing Butter

I love The Body Shop, but hadn't used them in years, since my switch to cruelty free. Last year TBS was bought by a parent company committed to ending animal testing, and my beloved brand was back on the menu. Now that I'm taking better care of my skin I want to move away from harsh scrubs and stripping cleansers, and go for a more soothing, nourishing option. A nightly routine involving massaging my face with a soft dreamy balm that literally smells like bedtime? Yes please.

If you have tried any of these and would recommend them (or not) let me know! What have I missed from my cruelty free wishlist?


Find me on

8 comments

  1. I so want the Norvina and Sultry Palettes, they're so pretty xx

    Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the packaging for the Jeffree Star liquid lips this Christmas! They're so gorgeous and glam. :D

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I have never tried any of them. But, these days I'm actually looking for cruelty-free products, so I'll keep these in my mind! Thank you for sharing! <3
    Khadija | October's Lallu

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got Anastasia Soft Glam - the oranges are a little out of my comfort zone, but the gal at Sephora used a bit under my bottom lashes and it made my eyes pop! The rest of the colors are gorgeous so I'm giving it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh I want Soft Glam as well! I think both palettes are a perfect mix of every day and exciting!

      Delete

© Folded Paper Foxes | UK Bookish Lifestyle Blog. Design by FCD.